Please take heed of our product warnings on our labels. DO NOT give toys with small parts unsupervised to children under the age of 3 or who still place items in their mouth. Our baby toys however have been designed to be safe for children to place in their mouth.
If you have any doubt to the safety of toy in regards to it being a choking hazard you can download a DIY Choke Checking Tool here via Product Safety Australia.
Our painted toys are painted with certified non-toxic Australian made paint. To get a copy of the MSDS certification please email us.
All Miss Molly wooden toys are sealed with organic beeswax, completely safe and non toxic. We do not use chemical based sealants and take great effort to source beeswax that is chemical free and without pesticide residue. Please note that beeswax will need to be reapplied over the life of your toy.
We strongly advise that all toys be inspected before being given to children. Proper maintenance and care of your toys is advised to ensure a safe, long lasting heirloom toy.
All timber products should last a lifetime when the wood is prevented from drying out or from moisture penetrating into the timber. We recommend using a beeswax polish that is food grade and not the ones available in hardware stores that are designed for furniture, these types of beeswax mixes are unsafe for children as they contain toxic chemical thinners. It is also important to consider where the beeswax has been sourced, as often beeswax can contain toxic pesticide residues.
Our baby rattles and teethers may require additional care due to constant mouthing, we recommend using regular applications of a food grade oil such as coconut oil.
- Involving children in the care and maintenance of their wooden toys is a fun activity and helps develop a reverence for their toys.
- Place a small dab of beeswax polish on a soft, lint free rag and wipe over toy, allow a few minutes for the beeswax to soak in and then gently buff off.
DO NOT use chemical based cleaning products or wash wooden toys directly in water. This will remove the protective beeswax coating, it will also damage the paint and raise the grain of the timber destroying its silky smooth finish. Soaking a wooden toy in water will allow moisture to enter deep into the timber structure which often causes mildew and mold growth.
If you require to treat the surface area of a wooden toy for germs, we recommend wiping the toys with diluted vinegar. Dilute vinegar in a bowl of water at 50:50 ratio, soak a soft cloth and then wring out excess moisture. Wipe the wooden toy surface with the cloth. After cleaning reapply the beeswax toy butter. Both the vinegar and the beeswax are proven to be naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal.
Our Miss Molly beeswax toy butter can be purchased here
Rag Dolly Wash
Miss Molly's dollys can be handwashed. Wash gently in warm water using a good quality detergent, rinse, roll gently on a towel to remove excess water. Dry in the shade.